December 2016 archive

Wednesday, December 7th, 2016

Morning Routine

Math – While the class worked on math centres, I worked with Dominic, Emery, Annalise, Charlie, Nev, Luke, Madi, Kellan, Sam, Leica, Max, Maggie, and Phil. We have been working on using mental math to add numbers to 20. Many students are able to use these same mental math strategies to add numbers to 100! Wow!

Recess

Daily 5 – We learned one new CAFE strategy and practiced as a class. The students did one round of Read to Self and one round of Word Work. I read with Luke, Max, Emery, and Leica.

Lunch

Christmas Concert Rehearsal

Recess

PWIM

Tuesday, December 6th, 2016

Morning Routine

Math – We talked about adding with doubles and near doubles. We learned 4 new math centres. During math centres I worked with Tiago, Erik, Ava, Caden, Chase, Grayson, Adrita, Siddhartha, and Phil.

Recess – Indoor

Daily 5 – Hi-5 Groups. I read with Nev, Kellan, Parker, Tiago, Sam, and Chase.

Lunch

Gym – Due to a concert rehearsal, we had to have gym in our classroom today. We played Mum Ball and 4 Corners.

Social – We met with our new responsibility partners and decided what we would be responsible for helping them with. As a class we started to look at needs and wants.

Recess – Indoor

Choice Centres

Clean-Up

Monday, December 5th, 2016

French – Mme. Jasper

Morning Routine

Mad Minute – mental math strategies to 20.

Recess

Daily 5 – Weekend News Duotangs. We did one round of Work on Writing and one round of Read to Self. I worked with Eric, Tiago, and Sam.

Lunch

Christmas Concert Rehearsal

Recess

Social – We continued to look at rights and responsibilities. The students wrote about how their responsibilities changed as they have gotten older.

**Homework – some students did not complete their responsibilities sheets. These were sent home to be completed.

Clean-up

Thursday, December 1st, 2016

New Carpet Spots – New month, new spots!

Morning Routine

Math – We talked about adding 1 or 2. The students completed an addition grid adding numbers 0-9. On Monday we will be doing our first ‘Mad Minute’.

Recess

Daily 5 – Weekend News Duotangs and Flashlight Thursday.

Lunch – ‘Special Lunch’ day.

Christmas Concert Rehearsal

Recess

Social – We learned about our rights and responsibilities. We will be discussing our rights and responsibilities in the classroom, in the school, in our home, and in our community.

**Some students did not get the definitions of rights/responsibilities written down during our work period. These students took their work home so that they could finish the sentences. I let them know that I would post them on the blog so that they could copy them. They do not need to finish all of the pages in the booklet (they can if they would like, but do not need to), they only need to finish the two sentences that go on the front page of the booklet.**

Rights: Our rights are what every person deserves, no matter who they are or where they live.

Responsibilities: A responsibility is something that is your job to do or think about.

***There is no school tomorrow as it is a PD day. Have a great long weekend!

1 2